Múlafossur Cottages are located by the world-renown waterfall in the village Gásadalur on the Faroe Islands. We promise a truly magical and secluded place, with sights of sheep, birds and highland cows - all nestled by the river that leads down to the Múlafossur waterfall. It truly is a place for everyone: families with kids who want to play in the river and friendly surroundings, couples who want to unwind and spend quality time together and adventurers who want to hike and explore.
The cottages are close to various amenities: It is only a 10-20min drive from the only airport on the islands, shops and cafes as well as some of the most astounding Faroese sceneries such as Drangarnir, Tindhólmur and the lake Sørvágsvatn/Leitisvatn.
We currently have four cottages to rent: Tjaldurssmáttan, Lundasmáttan, Spógvasmáttan and Ternusmáttan (Ternusmáttan will be added to the website shortly) that were built in 2020 and 2021 by the family-owned company: Foss.fo. While the buildings are small and cosy they comfortably house between 4-6 people. The layout inside the cottages differs slightly, with room for more guests in Spógvasmáttan and Ternusmáttan. Be aware that you do need to climb a ladder/stairs to get upstairs as shown in photos. Included in the package deal are wifi, bed sheets, towels and kitchen and bathroom essentials. There is unfortunately not yet a washer dryer on the premises.
Please make sure that you look at all the photos in the Photo Gallery and The Cottages folders, to get a true idea of what we have to offer.
Do get in touch if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
1. The Cottages are only a 10-minute walk away from one of the biggest tourist attractions on the Faroe Islands: The Múlafossur waterfall in Gásadalur. No need to worry though - you’ll still be staying in an incredibly secluded area in the valley.
2. We’re only a 10-15minute drive away from the only airport on the Faroe Islands.
3. Vágar is home to some of the most beautiful, iconic landmarks on the islands - You’re never far away from places such as Sørvágsvatn/Leitisvatn (The lake above the ocean), the beautiful view to Tindhólmur and Drangarnir and the lovely walk to Trøllkonufingur in Sandavágur.
4. Vágar is an island that’s connected by the undersea tunnel and there is therefore easy access to most of the larger islands. It only takes about 45 minutes to drive to the capital Tórshavn.
5. The cottages are in itself an experience: Cosy, beautiful and a place for you to recharge and make beautiful memories.
6. People don’t come to the Faroe Islands to sun-tan on the beach. We always say you can experience every season in a single day. However, no matter the time of the year you’ll be able to experience the raw beauty of the Faroes. During the summer the Gásadalur is beautiful and green, and in the winter it is frequently covered in snow.
7. We, the Lauritsen family, are always ready to help! Whatever you need, we’re only 10 minutes away.
8. The cottages are equipped with the most necessary things you could need so that you can easily cook, shower or make a cup of tea.
9. You’ll be surrounded by incredible nature and wildlife: Birds, sheep and highland cows are our favourite neighbours.
10. We have a 5.0-star rating on Airbnb, so our customers seem to enjoy themselves when they are visiting.